Saturday, April 26, 2008

the marcusly thing to do....

i cant believe that i'm actually gonna do it.... But i still am gonna do it.... i'm turning down the very opportunity of my life!!!!!

I'm gonna decline the Star scholarship....
yes, i already got the "U MAD ah????" kind of reply....

now that i reali look at it.... i'm gonna waste even more money by taking up the scholarship....
the course is worth RM24k.... which will be funded by the Star scholarship....
but how about the cost of living there??? it will definitely come up to about RM1k per month.... 3 years n RM36k gone juz like that.... then how about other unmentioned fees??

Student Insurance (Per Annum)

  • Local Student : RM 60
  • International Student : RM 250

Caution Deposit (Refundable) : RM 200
Library Fee (Per Semester) : RM 60
Computer Lab Fee (Per Semester) : RM 60
Engineering Lab Fee (Per Semester) : RM 100
Internal Examination Fee (Per Subject) : RM 60

and, of course, the misery of a marcuslim cannot end so simple.... RIMA college oni offers a diploma... n not even a degree... so how can i continue on??? AH, yes, they have partners... i will have a guaranteed seat at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, for my degree n even masters the minute i get my diploma from RIMA... An engineer from Scotland is considered to be the 1st class engineers.... and to make it sweeter, its the no.3 top universities for engineering.... sound so good to be true rite??? wait till u c the cost...... there r so many zero's that i even forgot how many.... n guess wat? its in pounds, meaning X7 of the amount for us Malaysians....

"But wat if i was on a scholarship there??? wouldn't that be juz fantastic??" that is wat my hopeful, naive mind wound tell my logical side....

Interviewer there(as if reading my mind) then said "nope, Star is NOT gonna sponsor u all the way to Scotland... it will oni take u until ur diploma..."

After that, not only will i be stuck wif juz a diploma.... i have to come back to penang and do my degree at INTI or smth... then wats the whole point??? there is no point....

the nxt thing that strike my mind is simply...... "Then there is nothing left to chase after...."

i might as well juz spend within my means n go have my entire course in INTI....i can save like (RM36k-RM19k=RM17k) for my diploma and save a year in my degree...


so now.... in this desperate moment of my life.... only one person this whole wide world whom i can seek help from now....

I'm going for it!! I shall find the answer!!! I shall depart to the wise sage that lives juz down the road from my house....

"Miss Leeeeeeeee! help...." (fyi: not lee ewe im..... i'll oni c her if i want things to go worse...)


No comments: